I was thinking of doing this as an exercise. I started my guitar learning on C major scale. For 6 months I did not know what a scale was. For another 6 months I did not know other scales existed(Yes, I'm really lazy).
So how do we chart out all the required scales,
Let's start with the formula for major scale,
Whole:Whole:Half:Whole:Whole:Whole:Half
for the reference we write down the 12 Chromatic notes too.
A - A#(Bb) - B - C - C#(Db) - D - D#(Eb) - E - F - F#(Gb) - G - G#(Ab)
Now deriving the scale according to the formula,
F major scale - F, G, A, Bb, C, D, E
C major scale - C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C
G major scale - G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G
D major scale - D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D
A major scale - A, B, C#,D, E, F#, G, A
E major scale - E, F#, G#, A, B, C#, D#, E
So how do we chart out all the required scales,
Let's start with the formula for major scale,
Whole:Whole:Half:Whole:Whole:Whole:Half
for the reference we write down the 12 Chromatic notes too.
A - A#(Bb) - B - C - C#(Db) - D - D#(Eb) - E - F - F#(Gb) - G - G#(Ab)
Now deriving the scale according to the formula,
F major scale - F, G, A, Bb, C, D, E
C major scale - C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C
G major scale - G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G
D major scale - D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D
A major scale - A, B, C#,D, E, F#, G, A
E major scale - E, F#, G#, A, B, C#, D#, E
No comments:
Post a Comment